Important skin care ingredients simply explained – part 3
2 May 2022 by Izabela Kuzmanovic
Izabela Kuzmanovic is our Derma SR specialist at the Swiss Color® headquarters in Angerberg.
Benefits of Derma SR peelings and their ingredients
Professionally performed peelings help the skin to look radiant and can already serve as a prevention of various skin problems. This deep cleansing treatment removes dead skin flakes and allows the optimal targeted use of high-quality active ingredients serums.
AHA (glycolic, lactic or fruit acid) and BHA (salicylic acid) are among the gentlest peels and work on the skin’s surface and inside the pores. All peelings can provide skin rejuvenating benefits, but the skin’s type and condition dictates which peel to use!
Top 8 benefits of chemical peelings:
- Smooth fine lines and wrinkles
- Lift skin
- Balance the texture of the skin
- Treat acne
- Minimize pores
- Reduce hyperpigmentation
- Soothe scarring
- Lessen couperose redness
The Derma SR peeling products at the beauty institute can be used with or without a following Dermaneedling treatment:
- Glycolic Exfoliator 20 % - 20% glycolic acid for mature and combination skin
- Anti-Pigment Exfoliator - glycolic and lactic acid against hyperpigmentation
- pH Neutralizer - a MUST HAVE - to restore the skin's pH value after use of glycolic and lactic acid!
- BHA Exfoliator Mask - salicylic acid for all skin types including sensitive skin
Derma SR Peelings at home:
- BHA Peeling Mask - salicylic acid product which can be used twice a week for quick, visible results on all skin types.
Remember - each skin condition may respond differently to the ingredients of peelings: for example, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation and scars respond very well to AHA, acne often best to BHA peelings.
Don't miss our next blog article, where we will focus on Dermaneedling in general.